About the PRHS Auxiliary Team
Auxiliary is a year-long class listed as Dance Techniques on your schedule. Students who complete an audition will be placed into dance, flag, or rifle for the “Marching Band Season,” which is in the first semester. The second semester is called “Indoor Season.” During Indoor Season, students in Dance will form our Competitive Dance Team and students on flag and rifle will either be placed in our Varsity Guard or JV Guard. Whether students are placed on dance, flag, or rifle, they will all still be required to eventually learn how to dance and spin a flag.
How do I register for auditions?
All students will register at the following link:
Registration will close at 9:00pm on Sunday, April 30th!
Do I need to attend all 3 days of auditions?
Yes. We will teach the audition choreography and technique on the first two days and evaluate students on the third day.
Do I need to bring anything to auditions?
Please wear a white t-shirt, black bottoms and either sneakers or dance shoes. Hair must be up and pulled back. Bring water.
Where are the auditions?
Palmetto Ridge High School Gymnasium. Please enter through the double doors next to the main entrance of the gym.
Video Resources to help prepare for your audition:
Who can students contact for more help?
- Mrs. Annamarie Magdaleno, Auxiliary Instructor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Magdaleno is a PRHS Auxiliary graduate and has been serving as our Head Auxiliary Instructor for eight years. Mrs. Magdaleno will be working with the students throughout the school year and she will be helping Mrs. Robinson with the auxiliary placements.
- Mrs. Annabelle Robinson, Director of Bands, email@example.com
- Mrs. Robinson is the Director of Bands for the Marching Pride. Mrs. Robinson and Mr. Claro run the auxiliary class during the school day.
- Mr. Anthony Claro, Assistant Band Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Claro is the Assistant Director for the Marching Pride. Mr. Claro and Mrs. Robinson run the auxiliary class during the school day.